Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Suiting up with a new team: Dr. Abeln joins Floyd Memorial Hospital

When I began this blog I had hoped to post on a regular basis, and through the previous sports season was happy with the direction it was taking. Many posts discussed injuries affecting athletes, where changing teams comes with the territory. This scenario is increasingly becoming the norm in the medical field as well. As we head into the upcoming scholastic sports season I’m happy to announce I’ve been welcomed with open arms into the Floyd Memorial Medical Group, a team poised to lead the way in orthopedic care in the region. I will be joining Floyd Memorial Orthopedic Group in the upcoming weeks and couldn’t be more excited. Jumping across the river has opened numerous opportunities to service a thriving sports medicine scene in Southern Indiana while continuing to serve the community of Louisville and the rest of Kentuckiana.




Floyd Memorial Hospital in New Albany, Indiana has a stellar reputation in a range of services including orthopedics. I’m excited to join my new partners Drs. Mohammad Majd and Anifiok Uyoe in their New Albany location. This will allow this group to offer a wide range of orthopedic services, including spine, trauma, adult reconstruction, and sports medicine. Being a part of this team was a welcome opportunity that I could not be more excited to call my new home. As the season turns to fall I will be ramping up the number of posts and coverage of topics of interest to the sports medicine community that this blog covers. I hope the information proves useful and look forward to being a part of the team at my new home and interacting through this forum with athletes, patients, and the community at large. I've updated the scheduling link on this site and will officially begin my tenure on September 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment